The Banco BMG is located in São Paulo, Brazil, and has participated for decades in financial field since 1930. The Pentagna Guimarães family are the proud and the original founders of BMG, which is a privately owned bank. Throughout the decades they have designed, developed and created financial products for businesses and consumers. The commercial loans to medium and large companies, suppliers and service providers, loans for consumers, paycheck deductible loans, credit cards, financing and investment services are available.
In July 2012, BMG signed an association agreement with Itaú Unibanco S.A., this is one of the top ten banks in Brazil. The new partnership is called Banco Itaú BMG Consignado S.A., to distribute and commercialize payroll loans in Brazil. In April 2014, a contract was signed and BMG owns 40% of the stock and voting capital stock and Itaú Unibanco holds the remaining 60%.
The partnership allowed more time for BMG to focus on developing and marketing other products for the Bank. Ricardo Guimarães is the owner and president of Banco BMG and approves of developing new products, and improving the existing products. He graduated in 1988, with a degree in business administration from Una – Faculdade de Ciências Gerenciais, and he didn’t let it go to waste. They have developed products for businesses to offer their employees as part of a benefit package called a Payroll Credit Card, or simply called BMG Loans at Work. This gives the employees access to immediate funds, and the payments are deducted from their paychecks. The BMG Empresas is the platform for financing used vehicles, economic groups and medium and large suppliers and businesses. The BMG Real estate platform, handles the home equity loans.
Ricardo Guimarães and his family have built an outstanding, successful financial background for more than 80 years. Because of Mr. Guimarães extensive career in finance and investing, he created a stellar management team, that has an immense amount of experience and respected in their selected fields.
Alcides Tápias was a member the Board of Directors of Banco Itaú Unibanco for 10 years and the president of the Brazilian Bank Federation and Minister of Foreign Trade and Industry Development. He is the President of BMG’s Board of Directors since December 2012.
Flávio Pentagna Guimarães Neto, earned his degree in Business Administration from IBMEC in 2010. He works for Banco BMG analyzing new businesses, and is a member of the Board of Directors.
João Annes Guimarães was awarded his Bachelor of Arts degree in Mathematics. He holds several positions in various companies owned by the family. He presently is a member of the Executive Committee of BMG and the Board of Directors of Banco BMG. With the right people at the helm, success begins, blossoms and continues.